LARGE (75Kg - 90Kg / 165 - 200 Lbs)
Firewire 'FW' shaper fin. A highly manoeuvrable fin providing exceptional stability through turns.
- Designed by Nev Hyman, and now constructed with a carbon tissue insert to offer more flex and a smoother feel compared to the original ultra-stiff bamboo version.
- The FW side fins sit deep in the water, have minimal sweep and great pivoting capabilities.
- Delivers drive and holds nicely through turns, yet the smaller centre fin provides additional tail release.
- A wide range of conditions, particularly good in critical overhead waves.
- Designed to fit the FCS II Fin System.
- High-volume shortboards and hybrid models with wider tails and lower rocker.
- Performer: Find Balance. A balance of speed, flow & response.
Often referred to as PC Carbon or PCC, these fins are highly responsive and feature strategically placed carbon that’s designed to complement the fin template. PCC fins suit fast surfing and are favored by power surfers who like to perform explosive turns on critical parts of the wave.